If you’ve landed on this page, it’s because you have real concerns about the performance of your maintenance storeroom management. It’s very likely that you have a single person running the storeroom, so your storeroom management is literally one person – in other words, you’re average. Even if your storeroom management is executed by a small team, the results of their work is very likely sub-par to what’s needed in today’s industry and more specifically, your facility. Your associates are undoubtedly good people, it’s just that they are working with outdated processes or worse, no formal processes. There is little discipline in you storeroom management execution. You want, and quite frankly need some help.
Aside from inconvenience, the storeroom management of your spare parts is costing you not only dollars of loss production, but lack of sleep, and the gut-wrenching necessity to make less than perfect maintenance decisions. Isn’t it about time we start the road to improvement in your storeroom management?
Storeroom Management, as the title implies, is the totality of ensuring that the maintenance storeroom has the right part, at the right time, and in the right quantity. The storeroom and the concern for spare parts in general, is singularly the most crucial element of today’s maintenance and reliability efforts. This concern is the chief responsibility of storeroom management. Most companies have figured out, or soon will, that access to spare parts is creating a stranglehold on their ability to produce and thrive. We must do something about this. Now!
- Assess the current strengths and opportunities that exist in your active storeroom through a very thorough Storeroom Effectiveness Assessment
- Develop comprehensive strategies to get better quickly, yet pragmatically – measured and metered
- Calculate ideal inventory values for your situation
- Calculate the inventory carrying cost for your facility
- Calculate the purchase order generation cost for your practices
- Educate your leadership and associates on the Vision you create for your storeroom
- Develop the thirty-two (32) storeroom processes (as and if needed)
- ABC Classification Review
- Adjust ABC Classification Model
- Add to Stock or New Item Set Up
- Bench Stock
- Critical Spare Parts Algorithm
- Critical Spare Parts (Review)
- Cycle Counting Criteria
- Cycle Counting
- Data Scrubbing
- Delivery of Kitted Items
- Disposal of Scrap
- Stock Outs
- Emergency Procurement
- Item Substitution
- Key Performance Indicators KPI
- Last Used Report
- Obsolescence or Obsolete Parts
- Obsolescence Criteria
- Optimizing Stock Levels
- Preservation Program or Parts PM
- Repair or Replace
- Return to Stock
- Return to Supplier
- Salvage Value
- Spare Parts Loan
- Special Tools
- VMI and Consignment
- Execute those processes, using metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure continuous improvement
Maintenance Innovators has over thirty-six years of experience building and executing highly effective and efficient maintenance storerooms. Our work is making a difference for a multiple of industries around the world…east to west, north to south.
Contact us by phone at 913-633-4009 or email now and let us work with you as a valued partner to build a storeroom management practice that delivers the much needed spare parts. Your storeroom should provide tremendous service and convenience. Your first step is a call away.